Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Squash

One of my favorite side side dishes when I was growing up was the way my mother fixed squash.  It was soooo good and flavorfull.  I know it is sooo bad for you fixed this way.  Celtic Man loves it when I fix my squash this way, but it is only about once or twice a year when I do.  This Sunday was Celtic Man's lucky day!!!  I bought some squash on Friday and decided to have it on Sunday with the Filet's he grilled.  Such a great dinner!  Well here is how I fixed the squash.

3 to 4 yellow squash
1 onion diced
1/2 lb bacon, diced
salt and pepper to taste

Wash and slice the squash.  Put in steamer and cook until done.  Then take a potatoe masher and mash the squash and set aside.

Put the onion and bacon in a pan and cook until the bacon is crisp.  Add the squash and cook until heated through.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Enjoy.  I know, I know, it is so bad for you, but so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment