Saturday, February 4, 2012

BEST EVER RECIPE FOR BOURSIN SPREAD

Many years ago, more than I like to remember, I was walking thru what use to be Miller and Rhoads department store.  As I was going through the Housewares Department there was a table with some crackers and this wonderful cheese spread.  It was so creamy and tasty.  The store was kind enough to have the recipe on the table so this piece of heaven could be made at home.  I have held on to this recipe for probably over 40 years!!  I usually only make this once a year, around the holidays.  It gets better tasting after it sets in the frig overnight.  I usually use low fat cream cheese when I make this, have to save some calories somewhere!!!

BOURSIN

8 oz butter
(2) 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 clove garlic, mashed (optional-I leave this out)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp dill

Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth and completely mixed.  You will have to scrape down the bowl once or twice.  Serve at room temperature with crackers of your choice.

You can make this with a mixer if you don't have a food processor.  This is so much better than what is available in the grocery store!!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment