Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guilty Pleasures!!

Life if full of guilty pleasures!!  I have a few I use to enjoy before my bypass surgery-sitting on the sofa and eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (usually something chocolate!! Which is a food group, right?), or eating chocolate icing out of a can (of course after you put the leftover icing in the refrigerator and eat some the next day it is like eating fudge...mmmmmm).  Of course now I can't eat anything that sweet...but I have my memories!!! LOL

Now one of my guilty pleasures is Cheese Toast...I know, not very original, but soooo good...hot melty cheese on bread...wow!!! so good.  For those of you who have never had it, here is how I make mine, although I can't imagine no one ever eating this wonderful thing!!

Cheese Toast

Bread or chibatta roll
Butter
Shredded Mild or Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Set over to broil.  If using a roll, slice in half.  Spread light coat of butter on the bread and put cheese all over.  Put on oven safe  cookie sheet and place under the broiler.  Keep in the oven until cheese is melted and brown.  This is so good as a snack!!!  Makes my mouth water.

So indulge yourself!  Enjoy that Guilt Pleasure!! Maybe not too often..but once in awhile, you deserve it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment